Egg curry is a popular dish. This recipe is flavourful, delicious and protein rich. You can enjoy this curry in lunch and dinner both.This egg recipe is very simple and tasty which can be made within less time. Not only this recipe is very tasty but also this is very healthy too. It goes well with naan,roti,paratha and rice. As we know egg is a prominent source of protein and simultaneously egg is a versatile ingredient with which you can cook what you want to. One can use eggs from breakfast to dinner. It can be made as a snack and also can be made as a main dish. Eggs are too healthy. Egg curry is a good option when you are not in a mood to cook, because it takes less time to cook. So, one can make it so quickly. In India people make different varieties of egg dishes such as boiled egg, omlet, poached egg, egg curry, egg bhurji,egg biriyani, egg chops, chilli eggs and many more.
(1) 6 eggs.
(2) 30 to 40 ml oil. (Any cooking oil).
(3) 1 tsp panch phoron or cumin seeds.
(4) 2 big onions.
(5) 1/2 or 1 full garlic.
(6) 1 inch of ginger.
(7) 1 tomato.
(8) 1 tsp turmeric powder.
(9) 1 tsp red chilli powder.
(10) 1 tsp sugar.
(11) 1 tsp garam masala powder.
(12) 1 tsp egg masala powder or curry powder.
(13) 1 potato(optional)
(14) salt (as per taste)
Preparation Of Egg Curry
(1) first we need to boil eggs. For boiling eggs we need a kadhai or large saucepan.pour water on it and let them to boil.after boiling the water place eggs into the water and boil for 6 to 7 minutes over high heat to get perfect hard boiled eggs.
(2) while boiling eggs you can chop onions and after that make a paste of ginger and garlic.
(3) chop 1 tomato.
(4) arrange dry spices and oil. Keep them aside.
(5) 1 boiled potato(optional).
(6) to cool down eggs put them into chilled water and peel underwater.
(1) heat a pan or kadhai then add oil. Place peeled eggs in it and fry until golden brown.
(2) now, transfer eggs into a plate.
(3) add panch phoron or cumin seeds. Fry until the seeds starts crackling.
(4) add chopped onions and stir until golden.now add ginger and garlic paste and stir fry upto 2 to 3 minutes.
(5) now add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, curry powder or egg masala powder, salt and sugar(sugar is optional). Now fry upto 1 minute.
(6) add chopped tomato and saute for 3 minutes.
(7) now add required amont of water to make a nice gravy and cook upto 5 minutes.
(8) now add fried eggs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
(9) check the salt of the curry and add if needed.
(10) turn the flame off and serve hot.
preparation time:10 minutes
Cook time:30 to 35 minutes
Total time:45 minutes
Amount per serving.
Total fat: 9.2 gram
protein: 6.5 gram
Total Carbohydrate: 7.6 gram
Total sugar:3.6 gram
Iron: 1 mg
Sodium: 453 mg
Saturated fat: 2 gram
Cholesterol: 164 mg
Calcium: 40 mg